SIGN UP NOW
"I enrolled my two girls in The Reading Advantage to help prepare them for big school. Julianna (Age 5) used to have difficulty in blending words. But after only two months, she's more confident and can read a book by herself..."
THE LEARNING LIBRARY aims to develop the love of reading and appreciation of the Filipino language among children, which will make them independent and successful learners. We offer English and Filipino programs that help improve comprehension and make learning enjoyable. By developing fundamental skills through enjoyable and accessible literature, we advance independent learning critical to long-term academic success.
- Literature-based, highly interactive programs anchored on a collection of over 4,000 of the best children’s books
- Close alignment with your child’s school curriculum to enhance academic performance
- Detailed pre- and post-assessment of your child’s comprehension and communication skills
- Excellent, experienced and passionate teachers helping your children be the best learners they can be
The Learning Library Education Cooperative is composed of teachers committed to using expertise and experience to help improve the quality of Philippine education. We offer literacy program development and consultancy to help partners achieve their social responsibility goals:
- Remedial and supplementary reading programs
- Literature-based curriculum development
- Training for teachers and community developers
- Reading material development
- Library rehabilitation and management/li>
We are a partner of Philippine Business for Social Progress
and Save the Children
for remedial reading programs and emergent literacy training, respectively. We have worked with different schools such as Keys Grade School
in Mandaluyong City, St. Alexius College
in South Cotabato, and Libis Elementary School. We have also worked with several non-profit organizations such as Good Neighbors Philippines and One Small Step Foundation. Most recently, we conducted a training series for teachers and community-volunteers of the LET'S READ
literacy program by the Corazon S. Atayde Memorial Foundation. This initiative will benefit the children of various public schools in Metro Manila.
In addition, The Learning Library offers FREE parent talks to schools and organizations on literacy and language learning:
“Making Reading a Lasting Habit”
shares practical tips on the following:
“Raising a Bilingual Child”
- Choosing the right books for your child
- Reading strategies you can model to your kids
- Creating a reading nook
- Starting a reading routine / how to get your child to read more
offers effective strategies for Filipino language learning:
- Teaching Filipino as a second language at home
- Improving vocabulary and grammar
- Choosing the right Filipino reading materials
- Increasing appreciation of and confidence in Filipino
By tapping our teachers’ extensive experience inside and outside The Learning Library, we are able to provide unique solutions to meet the needs of today’s educators and students.
Meet the members of our Teachers' Cooperative here
Doing poorly in Filipino? This Library can help
With books starting to lose ground against the Internet, e-books and other new media, a group of book lovers has built a library to spread the love for reading.